GA500 Industrial AC Microdrive
Whether you are installing, wiring, programming, or troubleshooting, the GA500 has features that help simplify the task for you.
- No power programming
- Intuitive keypad
- Conformal coated (IEC 60721-3-3: 3C2, 3S2)
- Up to 30% smaller than the competition
- Current vector control, open loop
- Induction motor (IM), permanent magnet motor (PM), or synchronous reluctance motor operation
- SIL3 (IEC 62061), PLe (ISO 13849-1) safety ratings
- Embedded Modbus communication
- Wide variety of communication options
- Variety of mounting methods (standard, IP20/UL Type 1, side-by-side, external heatsink, DIN rail)
- Embedded 24 Vdc power supply
- Maintenance monitors
- Cooling fan replacement without tools
- Optional LCD or Bluetooth keypad
- Global certifications (CE, UL, cUL, TUV, RCM)
- MTBF: 28 years
- Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR): 31 kA rms symmetrical
- Common programming with all other Yaskawa drives
- DriveWizard Industrial software for parameter management and start-up
- DriveWizard Mobile application for smartphones and tablets
- Function Block Diagram (FBD) programming via DriveWorksEZ™
Simplifying Motion Control
The Drives & Motion Division of Yaskawa America, Inc. proudly introduces the GA500 Industrial Microdrive, reflecting Yaskawa’s continued customer commitment to providing sustainable, flexible, and easy-to-use products.
“This drive builds on the deep history of Yaskawa’s product quality,” Ed Tom, Product Manager, said. “The GA500 provides high reliability with its design to deliver a minimum of 10 years of continuous operation.
It is designed to meet RoHS2, providing a sustainable and environmentally friendly drive. The TUV safety rating allows our customers to meet the most stringent safety ratings for their machine and provides a long mission time for the life of their equipment.
The GA500 also provides customers a wide range of flexibility.
The drive is rated up to 40 HP and can be applied to 240 VAC single-phase, 240 VAC three-phase, or 480 VAC three-phase incoming power.
For customers that use DC as their power source, the drive is [UL] rated to accept DC as its primary power source. The GA500 can operate a variety of motors, which include induction, permanent magnet (SPM and IPM), and synchronous reluctance (SynRM).
For customers that require network communications with their drives, the GA500 offers a variety of industrial protocols that help be part of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), which include EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, Modbus TCP/IP, and EtherCAT. Traditional fieldbus protocols like DeviceNet, PROFIBUS, and Modbus RTU (embedded) are also available.
The easy-to-use GA500 is designed to maximize one of the most valuable user resources, time.
The GA500 can be programmed without main power applied, which means users can set up the drive so it is ready to run before main power is available.
A highly visual LED status ring provides drive status at a glance.
Yaskawa’s mobile app, DriveWizard Mobile, provides the ability to program and/or monitor the GA500 through mobile devices like a smartphone or tablet. DriveWizard Mobile instantly accesses the Yaskawa Drive Cloud, providing a safe location to store drive information with instant access anywhere.