OEE Improved with Banner Engineering Wireless Gateways
Wireless sensors count the inputs and outputs and send the counts to the DXM Controller.
Banner Engineering’s Part Counting Application
Banner Engineering’s Wireless part counting application enables LEAN initiatives by providing the ability to measure and analyze OEE metrics of availability, performance, and quality to compare how your process/machine is performing against an ideal state.
Benefits of Banner Engineering OEE Application
- Increases uptime and capacity use
- Improves process awareness – Immediate feedback on process states and error conditions
- Reduces cost of quality – Timely corrective actions = improved yields
- Optimizes machine throughput – Reducing cycle time lower production cost
- Standardizes the method for productivity for benchmarking/continuous improvement
- Uses IIOT – Real-time monitoring, data collection, and alerts for better decision making
OEE Solution Components
- Wireless sensors count the inputs and outputs and send the counts to the DXM Controller. The DXM Controller runs a script to calculate OEE based on known parameters. Data can be sent to a host system or directly to a website for IIoT.
- DXM Controller uses part count rates to determine process flow. Current production states, such as Running, Slow, Stopped, Jammed, and Starved, give feedback to troubleshoot performance issues.