Visualize Cobot Status
See, hear, and transmit cobot status with configurable stack lights.
Stack lights improve the cobot’s feedback process since stack lights can be understood at a glance, can be seen from a distance, and include visual, audio, and digital messages. Stack lights have helped our customers reduce downtime and improve worker efficiency.
3 Levels of Visualization
Status Visualization using the 5VDC discrete outputs from the cobot arm to a Patlite signal tower run time status can be communicated.
Process Visualization using Wago’s IO-Link Master with Balluff’s Smart Light can be combined with Universal Robots’ built-in digital and analog I/O to share run time status, level status, and custom processes unique to your operation.
Production Line Visualization
Using the the built-in Modbus server, available on the Universal Robots’ controller, along with Wago’s expansion I/O, multiple device and cobot arm statuses can be coordinated throughout the production line. Watch this Modbus TCP communication tutorial from our fellow Mi Automation Solutions partner – Axis New England.
Product Documentation for Stack Light Integration
- Universal Robots e-Series User Manual (PDF)
- Universal Robots Support: Accessing robot data through the MODBUS server.
- Balluff Smart Light User’s Guide (PDF)
- Balluff HMI Catalog: Tower Lights and Process Visualization (PDF)
- Patlite General Catalog (PDF)
- WAGO I/O System 750 Manual: IO-Link Master 750-657 (PDF)
- WAGO I/O System 750 Brochure (PDF)
References for Stack Lights used in Manufacturing Process Engineering
- Control Design: “How stack lights improve machine and system productivity“
- Control Design: “The best ways to indicate alarms and to confirm proper operator action“
- Control Design: “The role of presence sensing in collaborative robot applications“
- Design World: “The Balluff Configurable Smart Light“